Saturday, December 18, 2010

Little Colds Saf-T-Pops (Rant)

We just bought a box of non-medicated Little Colds Saf-T-Pops this weekend for a poopy-feeling 5 year old The Ky and an equally yuckish 1 year old Captain Milz.  They just have little colds, and of course as a mommy, I try to do what I can to help make them feel better.  I thought these suckers, which have completely wrapped safety loop handles, would be a great idea.  They claim to gently soothe dry and scratchy throats, naturally.  I liked them because there are no artificial dyes, no saccharin or artificial flavors, and are gluten free.  The flavors were cherry, watermelon, orange and grape.  And what kid doesn't like a sucker??  We got them home and as soon as we opened them, we were hugely disappointed.  I don't know if it's the fault of the store that carried them, or a defect in the product, but the suckers were completely stuck to the wrapper, and we couldn't get all of the plastic off.  Every pop we opened remained covered in little slivers of plastic, and there was virtually no way to tell if you'd gotten it all off or not.  I wasn't too happy to throw away the $3.59 that I paid for the box, but I couldn't risk giving them to the babies.  Just a warning for those of you interested in the product - we didn't even get to try ours!

No comments: