Wednesday, March 14, 2001

Reviews

I will try to add summaries of my reviews on this page, but make sure to check out my blog posts for more up to date reviews, especially of Ipsy bags. You can also click "Reviews" in my label cloud on the right side of my blog for all posts tagged with reviews.

  • Benefit Ultra Radiance facial spray
    This works great as a makeup setter or just an overall refresher. I do have oily, sensitive skin and this doesn't bother it at all. It moisturizers my skin lightly. It makes my skin feel great and it smells awesome. This is a new staple for me.


  • Benefit Agent Zero Shine 
    This doesn't quite last ALL day for matte skin *but* it did last over four hours and for my oily skin, that's a miracle. I don't mind having to touch up once in the middle of the day. It's also a great product because it's self contained: you open the lid, tap powder into the lid, remove the bottom which is a push up brush, apply the powder, then cap it all back together into one neat little stick. I will definitely use this item regularly.


  • Benefit Roller Lash 
    I tried it first without even pre-curling my lashes and was amazed at the results. I've tried many "curling" mascaras and didn't see half the results that this gave me - BUT. It smudged more quickly than my favorite mascara by tarte. Again, I have oily skin. It's a curse and a blessing. All mascara seems to smudge on me more quickly than others. The curling and separation powers of Roller Lash, though, are quite nice.


  • Benefit FakeUp 
    This is A.MA.ZING. This little push up concealer stick has a ring of clear, creamy moisturizer around it to hydrate your skin as you conceal. A little goes a long way, much like their Erase Paste. Love it.

  • Urban Decay-Revolution lipstick in Jilted
    I am NOT normally a lipstick person. I love balms and stains but often feel out of my element (either like an old lady or a stripper) when I wear lipstick. This one was a pleasant surprise. It's a nice pink with subtle bluish undertones. I felt it went well with my skintone and would be very flattering on a wide range of different skin colors as well.

  • Crown Brush - Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush
    LOVED this brush. The bristles are soft and the sizes are perfect for covering the whole eye with one end and focusing on the crease with the other end. It's wonderful.


  • Pixi by Petra - Fairy Dust
     I'm not much of a glitter person, but the Fairy Dust gives a nice shimmer without making me look like an actual fairy. I don't feel silly or like a kid when I wear this. It does crease without a primer but it's long lasting, and when worn with a primer it lasted perfectly all day.

  • It Cosmetics Brow Power brow pencil
    This is in theory a nice product, but although it says it won't smudge, it definitely does. I've mentioned in earlier posts, but I do have oily skin so that may have something to do with it, but when used without a face primer, it smudged quickly. The spooly brush at the opposite end of the liner is quite nice, though.

  • tarte - deluxe lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara
    I already adored tarte products but I had yet to try this because I'm a big fan of Benefit and love their It's Real mascara. I'm glad I got this sample because it's a great mascara. I have severe dry eye and eye allergies and this did not irritate either one. I also have oily skin which means most mascaras smear quickly. This lasted all day and the only smear came after I wiped my eye too hard without thinking. The mascara lengthened and volumized without clumping, and it did so on the first swipe. On subsequent uses, I layered it for more effect and was very pleased with the results. I think I found a new favorite mascara.


  • NYX Cosmetics - Butter Lip Balm
     I hated this lip balm. I am an avid lip balm user and have tried pretty much everything out there (my current favorite is eos Smooth Stick). I usually prefer stains for color then use balm over them, but I have used a few tinted balms I like (BeneBalm, for example). This Butter Lip Balm is NOT one of them. It didn't moisturize my lips, but rather deposited colors in spots and accentuated any rough patches. I only applied to my bottom lip then quickly cleaned it off and have not used it again. It will most likely go in the trash soon.


Wet Ones Wipes

Little Colds Safety Pops

Amazon Customer Service Experience

Sinupret



No comments: