Friday, December 26, 2014

December Ipsy Bag "Fearless Heroine"








  • Crown Brush - Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush
    LOVED this brush. The bristles are soft and the sizes are perfect for covering the whole eye with one end and focusing on the crease with the other end. It's wonderful.
  • Coolway - Boost Repair Treatment
    I have not used this yet but will update when I do.
  • Pixi by Petra - Fairy Dust  
    I'm not much of a glitter person, but the Fairy Dust gives a nice shimmer without making me look like an actual fairy. I don't feel silly or like a kid when I wear this. It does crease without a primer but it's long lasting, and when worn with a primer it lasted perfectly all day.
  • tarte - deluxe lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara
    I already adored tarte products but I had yet to try this because I'm a big fan of Benefit and love their It's Real mascara. I'm glad I got this sample because it's a great mascara. I have severe dry eye and eye allergies and this did not irritate either one. I also have oily skin which means most mascaras smear quickly. This lasted all day and the only smear came after I wiped my eye too hard without thinking. The mascara lengthened and volumized without clumping, and it did so on the first swipe. On subsequent uses, I layered it for more effect and was very pleased with the results. I think I found a new favorite mascara.
  • NYX Cosmetics - Butter Lip Balm 
    I hated this lip balm. I am an avid lip balm user and have tried pretty much everything out there (my current favorite is eos Smooth Stick). I usually prefer stains for color then use balm over them, but I have used a few tinted balms I like (BeneBalm, for example). This Butter Lip Balm is NOT one of them. It didn't moisturize my lips, but rather deposited colors in spots and accentuated any rough patches. I only applied to my bottom lip then quickly cleaned it off and have not used it again. It will most likely go in the trash soon. 


Reminder: Ipsy is a $10 per month service that sends awesome products out around the 15th of every month. You cancel it whenever you want and there are never any shipping charges. I love getting surprises in the mail and this is a perfect yet inexpensive way to do that. If you're interested, click here for more info.

No comments: