Sunday, November 29, 2009

Sensodyne® iso-active® and SheSpeaks


I recently received an awesome package from SheSpeaks, which included new toothpaste from Sensodyne.  (It also included great coupons and yummy freezer pops!)  The toothpaste is called iso-active, and is a foaming gel which is totally unlike any other toothpaste I've ever used.  It foams up almost like a shaving gel, and really does cover your whole mouth very well.  Sensodyne is recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists, and:
  • Contains an active ingredient, Potassium Nitrate, that is clinically proven to reduce painful sensitivity
  • Provides fast relief within two weeks
  • Has fluoride for cavity protection
  • Freshens breath
However, the reason I haven't used Sensodyne before is that it's never really made my mouth feel clean.  I would brush as usual and use only Sensodyne for a few weeks straight, and although the desensitizing aspect of it worked, my mouth just didn't feel as clean. It's different with this new foam formula.  My mouth definitely feels clean and refreshed.  The foam is a little unusual at first, but I quickly got used to it. 

After two weeks of using this toothpaste, I would say that I give it a 5 out of 10 rating.  This is mainly due to the smell of the toothpaste.  There is an almost chemical smell to it that I can also taste while I brush and for about a half hour afterwards.  It's too much of an aerosol smell to me, and it burns my nose.  If there was any way to get rid of that, I would probably switch to this toothpaste.  If the product changed in that manner, I would give it an 8 out of 10.

The best part of the whole trial?  Besides getting to try a new product, I also got to enjoy the freezer pops that SheSpeaks sent along with my care package.  I can definitely say that eating one after my two weeks with Sensodyne was much more enjoyable than eating the one before I started.  I would recommend this to anybody who has tooth sensitivity, and is willing to put up with the smell for the long-term benefits.

(I was not paid to do this review.  But I am proud to be able to give you the scoop on products, as well as be able to share them with you, thanks to SheSpeaks.  You should definitely check them out and sign up today to join a great group of women who have all the answers.) 

As a member of SheSpeaks, I've had the opportunity to try Sensodyne iso-active toothpaste.  You have to experience the foaming action yourself!  I have some coupons for $1.00 off that I'd be happy to share with you.  To learn more about this product and get an online coupon, go to  http://www.shespeaks.com/isoactive

No comments: