Friday, March 13, 2015

Ulta Haul


I'm a terrible person when it comes to cosmetics. It's still a relatively newfound obsession for me - I used to buy every kind of every brand available until I was about 20. I took almost a ten year hiatus, guys! Go easy on me! So this past year I've kind of been making up for everything I've missed out on, skincare wise. I absolutely fell in love with benefit but there are a few other brands that have my heart as well: tarte, philosophy, Urban Decay, Too Faced...and my secret weapon, Neutrogena. That being said, I don't have a huge budget. So I wait around for great sales, especially stackable ones, and splurge at Ulta/Sephora when they have nice free products or deluxe samples. Two weeks ago, I found some nice deals at Ulta, stacked them, redeemed points, and got my regular moisturizer as well as a new set from benefit for super cheap. Behold the glory!


I bought the full sized Total Moisturizer and the Flawless Four boxed set, then got the deluxe It's Potent! eye cream, moisturizer packet, and the tote bag for free. (The Ultra Radiance spray was purchased in another order.)


These were all free items from my order. An Urban Decay set (Revolution lipstick, Eyeshadow Primer Potion, 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in LSD; and All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray); It Cosmetics CC+ packet and Brow Power brow pencil; Lorac POREfection mattifying face primer packet; and the above shown facial cream, tote bag, and eye cream from benefit)



This is the Urban Decay lipstick. I am NOT normally a lipstick person. I love balms and stains but often feel out of my element (either like an old lady or a stripper) when I wear lipstick. This one was a pleasant surprise. It's their Revolution lipstick in "Jilted" and it's a nice pink with subtle bluish undertones. I felt it went well with my skintone and would be very flattering on a wide range of different skin colors as well.

The benefit products aren't new to me, so I'm not reviewing them here. The It Cosmetics Brow Power brow pencil is nice, but although it says it won't smudge, it definitely does. I've mentioned in earlier posts, but I do have oily skin so that may have something to do with it, but when used without a face primer, it smudged quickly. The spooly brush at the opposite end of the liner is quite nice, though. I have yet to use the other items but I'll review them as soon as I do.

No comments: